Thursday 21 July 2011

Catch up time!!

Well the last two days have been a bit of a blur.  Mainly spent sleeping, I think my body is trying to heal. Either that or I must be really low on Iron!! I mainly think its where the GP messed up my medication and my body is trying to get recovered from the shock of it all. So apologies for not being on. Think two days is the longest I have ever left it!

Yesterday was nice T and P took H out shopping with them, not before making sure I had plenty of drinks and snacks ha ha! Whilst they were out A popped over with a dvd for me to watch. Means I have something a bit different to watch. It was a flying visit but it was nice to catch up whilst both of us were baby free.

On a different note, I think my sena started working last night- note to self- you can not run with a zimmer frame. Its interesting to try though ha ha! Sorry if TMI!!

I still get a bit cross with the hub from time to time for not coming up as often. But he is getting better. However, his plan yesterday was to come up at 8 o'clock. His folks rang and he was chatting away so that went out the window. I suppose yesterday was what I might call a dark day. I was feeling down and miserable and just really teary. Like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I know that there is, just some days I find it alot harder than others to cope. I know my hospital appointment with the professor is only a week a way. However, that feels like a life time away. Monday we have H's CT scan, I don't know how this is going to work, if she doesn't sleep I am not sure if they will give her the general anaesthetic there and then or send us away for another appointment. I don't want to wait much longer to find out whether a bang to the head could leave her completely deaf. Plus I just don't know that I want my baby girl to go under general anaesthetic she's only 17 weeks old.

On the bright side H is coming along brilliantly. She is laughing and T has been teaching her to stick out her tongue and go phht! Then we realised that the little monkey has developed a 'fake cough'. When H feels we are not paying her enough attention because we are talking to one another and not her she used to shout. Now she does this fake little cough. I think she is turning out like her mother a stubborn monkey who knows what she wants!!


When T got back she came in to my room claiming that H had brought me a little something. Its a skin cream from lush that's supposed to help with Psoriasis and I must say after using it twice I can already see a difference, the white flakes have started to peel of leaving the red underneath.


Day 1 on the left                                         
Day 2 on the right. It looks redder I know, but the good thing is that the white flaky skin is coming off which means that its getting better, I am going to keep up with the cream. After years of steroid creams and prescription creams I have found something that seems to be working and isn't harmful! What do you think can you see the difference? Next time I do the pictures I think I will do it in the same lighting!! I also wish I'd took a picture before I even started using it.

The only thing I have found is it doesn't work under my boobs, if anything its made them more sore. I think they do need to be kept dry mainly with the odd bit of steroid cream. I have had such fun peeling the skin off my face and elbows... I know I'm not the only one who enjoys a good bit of peeling... only thing is I seem to lead a trail of skin where ever I go 'The high flake zone' my husband calls it.

I just say its a good job I'm not a criminal I would be leaving my DNA all over the place!!!

2 comments:

  1. My 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son both developed the Fake cough at about 9 months old,little rascals.Have to also comment on the peeling my skin bit,I'm getting over a bad cold and have been sat here peeling my flaky nose-it seems almost satisfying in some strange way.
    My son has Eczema,he's now 11 and developed it as a baby,we have tried allsort-Aloe vera and Goats milk are good for a while,in extreme cases we end up using steroid creams though.Doublebase cream eases his itching slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried dream cream i think its called from lush? this new cream i am trying for my skin is called something else and it is working wonders. With the added bonus of no steriods! And yes skin peeling is strangely statisfying haha! I don't know if you have tried this but if I am itching really bad I will put one of my creams in the fridge, the coolness really helps!
    I still can't get over her fake coughing... she is going to be a nightmare when shes older lol x

    ReplyDelete