Thursday 23 June 2011

Friendships

Today really has had me thinking that mates come and go but true friendships will last a life time. I am truly blessed that I have some of the most amazing friends. My friend T is down at the moment, bossing me about in to bed and waiting on me hand and foot whilst looking after H and doing the housework, shes using her holiday to do this and has already said that on her next week off she will be travelling back here to do the same.
The fact that I can't even make it downstairs to sit and chat with her and P hasn't bothered either of them in the slightest, and today they took H out so that I had no excuse but to rest properly, not that I ever do when she's out the house! Mothers prerogative!! T and P go home tomorrow and I can honestly say I am really going to miss them!
Mums hoping to get down to help out for a while but with everything she has going off her end at the moment I know that its going to be difficult. Long story short she brought a house, which had an extension on it. It then came out that the extension was not built to regulations, no planning permission was sought and the electrics are dodgy and that the certificate was got fraudulently. Plus she has to have two teeth out. Seems like its not our family's year.
I not only have an appointment with the hip surgeon but also the next day an appointment to see about having my gallbladder removed. Oh the joys! I managed to have a relaxing soak in the bath today as the oh helped me in and out but now I'm in complete agony from getting out!!
This was never the plan, and I know that other people have things alot worse than me, I do appreciate that but some days its hard not to feel low.
I'm trying to stay positive in the fact that next month I will have some answers, admittedly there will be more waiting but at least I will know for sure what is happening.
Anyway I'm getting off the track of this post. Friends are worth their weight in gold when they are true, and they are so hard to find. You have to roll with the punches and as I have learnt not give your trust to easily, it does end up get you hurt. But as far as I am concerned my true friends ARE my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment